Sunday, January 1, 2012

Back in the day

Why can't Saturdays be like the Sundays of yesteryear?
For those that are not in the know Sundays back in the day the only things that were open were church and Chinese food restaurants. Why can't weekends be like that I bet there would be less craziness afoot in the world today And people just maybe healthier(sp?)

But think of it this way back In the day you actually saw most of your family and friends.
Look how that's changed over the last 30 years or so when is the last time you have seen your extended family not counting funerals and weddings.
It used to be common practice.
Big gatherings and dinners with uncles aunts grand ma's and grand pa's etc and friends from the neighborhood all on Sundays.
People used to shut down streets and have a street a cue (whole street BBQ )

Now when's the last time you actually saw any of this?

When's the last time anyone saw or actually knew everyone within at least a 2 street radius of where you lived?

Hell I remember when I used to know everyone that lived around me and there phone numbers from memory.

Now I know no one that really lives around me with exception of a few never mind there phone #'s

Now can I blame some of this on myself?
Of course I can

But as a whole the mass majority of people don't care anymore
Were all robots and sheep the majority of us.
And it's fucking sickening. 

Gone are the days when people where people
Family was family (including friends as family) 

No comments:

Post a Comment